Having imported vehicles into Australia in the past and had difficulties with trying to have the vehicle landed into Fremantle, we decided to set up business so that Western Australians, in particular, but Australians in general, can have their dream vehicle exported from the US and shipped to the port of their choice in Australia for a “one amount covers all” price.
We have a combined total of nearly 30 years in the motor vehicle industry and in locating, selling and exporting vehicles from the US.
What this means is that we can locate a vehicle for you, or you can choose from our inventory of stock in the US, you purchase the vehicle (though us) and all US export costs, shipping line costs, and Australian customs and quarantine costs will be included in the quoted price. Essentially, you pay one amount and then sit back and wait for the vehicle to be delivered to the Australian or New Zealand port of your choice.
Western Australians in particular have previously been disadvantaged by either having to wait extraordinary amounts of time for a ship to be located that was destined for Fremantle, and had container space into which your vehicle could be fitted, or they had to have the vehicle shipped into an Eastern States port and then spend an extra $1,500, or so, to get the vehicle transported to Western Australia.
THAT HAS NOW ALL CHANGED!
We organise all paperwork, except for the Australian Import approval – which must be done by the purchaser and can now only be completed on-line, but we can assist you with that.
The only costs that would not be generally included are:
- any pre-purchase inspection. We highly recommend any prospective purchaser obtains an inspection. We can supply a list of independent accredited inspectors, who are not affiliated in any way with us, or you can organise your own inspection;
- the cost of degassing any air-conditioning system and having a technician certify that the work was completed. This is an Australian Government requirement;
- the cost of internal US transport to have the vehicle delivered to Los Angeles;
- GST on the total cost of the vehicle, when landed into Australia; and
- any additional items you may choose to have shipped with the vehicle.
In my next post I will outline the importation process costs, and definitions you will need to know in more detail.
In the meantime, however, please take a look at a sample of our current inventory of classic and muscle cars waiting to be imported into Australia.
Until next time. Michael
Mob: 0421 880 604
From NZ: +61 421 880 604 No texts or private numbers please
Fax: 08 9355 4465